Friday, June 29, 2007

Need to do something for myself

Over xmass holidays, a friend's friend had collapsed from a brain aneurysm. My friend told me that her husband had a family history of these and that he is having a precedure, like a CT to check if he has the potential of one because hereditary is a leading cause. Other leading causes are oral contraceptives and smoking.
Hubby and I discussed that after I have the baby that I should get one of these procedures.

But I have not gotten around to doing so, i'm not trying to avoid it, but, I think subconsiously (spelling?) I'm afraid of the outcome. I really need to get it done and it is now my summer mission :(

My mother had a brain aneurysm in her early 30's, that is right where I am at right now. I've taken many years of oral contraceptives, including the patch (higher risk of blod clotting). My mother did not take oral contraceptives, but she did smoke, i don't smoke but vice versa, so it is really scary to me, and feels so much like a reality, as if it will happen, I hope I am so very wrong, or that it can be preventable if found early.

It's so rare to survive a rupture, and when you do, you really struggle. My mom is very lucky, she struggled, but I still feel my grandmother and I struggle more to this day. She is very much a child in her thinking due to what areas of her brain were damaged, the adult area i guess.

I can't say I want to live longer that my mother, she is very much alive, but I want to have the abilities I currently have longer thatn she did. i don't know if I can be as strong as her to survive a brain aneurysm, but I'm sending out prayer requests that I continue to hold onto my FULL mind as long as I possibly can!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Get the CT scan!! These things are very important in prevention and knowing where you stand. Options are many, modern treatments may or may not help. But facing this fear head on is a must. Best of luck