Friday, June 22, 2007

I went too Wegman's supermarket yesterday and now I'm hooked!!!
I normally go to my low budget food store that was formally a Giant because
a) It's walking distance if I ever feel i need the extra excercise
b) it's cheap, or I thought it was

I always turned away from our new wegman's 'cause
a) It's hip/trendy and EVERYONE in Cherry Hill shops there, and Cherry hill families tend to be well to do.
b) I know their fresh pre-pared foods are pricey, so the rest of the store must be, since they have all the extras, huge cafe, pharmacy, yadda yadda, someone needs to pay for all those extras...
c) It always appeared to me to carry only those "organic healthy" foods like Trader Joes has that I'm not into, I like my junk foods, LOL!!!

I was wrong.

So it appears to be all the above from the outside, but inside it's a different story. I got cheap milk, 2 for one soda, the good Coke stuff, 2 for one butter, well priced store brand marinades that look awesome and spent less than i would of for the same at my local "Stop & Shop" Then Mad and I enjoyed lunch there
I was impressed. Their pre-pared foods still are $$$ but the regulare groceries are great prices.

1 comment:

Tom said...

YAY for hitting Wegmans and falling in love with it as much as we have! I disagree about the prepared foods being pricey though... I mean, they are expensive, but no more expensive than Shoppers, Giant or whatever.

Anyway, now we need to go this weekend for lunch or something... They have awesome, and cheap, subs, pizza and.... wait for it.... SUSHI!

Welcome to my world. Plus now you can go to Wegmans and walk that store instead of the mall each morning.