Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Stretching thin

This school year, I am Room Mom not only to Mad's 2nd grade class, but to Nic's pre-school class as well.  Luckily I share the responsibility with other mothers.  I have a co-mom in Mad's room, one that I volunteered with last year and we work well together, and two new co-mom's in Nic's class.
The and only conflict is Halloween day, of course they are both scheduled to have parties that same day, and almost nearly the same time.  This is wehn it would of been helpful to of had him in a morning class so his party would be out of the way before her's started after lunch. 
First thought, I want to attend his, since his food allergies are more sever then Mad's, I like to be on board so I can help him navigate the treats and to help the volunteer parent to understand his allergy as well.  Mad will be OK with this, she had me in the class room for the past 4 years.
But I'm thinking I still want to be present in her room party.  A recent event of a class "bully" has arisen with Mad as her target, so now I want to be a presence in this class, A) to see this girl as she interacts, and B) to show her that Mad's Momma is around, watch-out, lol!

Here is my current thinking:
12:30 pre-school drop off.  Pics taken of the pre-schoolers, introductions mad, instructions given to Nic of what he can and can not touch/eat.

1:15 Report to elementary school to assist Mad with her costume, and see parade. Assist other volunteer moms with party set-up.

2pm Run back to pre-school to wrap-up party there. Bring Nic home at 3pm dismissal. Return to elementary school for Mad's 3:30 dismissal.  Try to re-enter classroom.

Yes, I know, it's a crazy thought, but I am gonna discuss this with the other co-mom's.  i really don't feel an overwhelming need to be at Nic's as I do want to be at Mad's because of this potential class bully in the works.  Im confident that Nic knows not to eat anything he cant at the party, he's very good about it at his age.  i know there will be a lot of questions form other volunteer moms wanting to know more about his condition, but i will be available for future parties  :)

No comments: