Monday, October 3, 2011

Catching up.

I'm Baaack!

It's been brought to my attentions that I should continue again. So, I will :)

First of all, eldest, aka, Girl child, is now 7, and youngest, boy child, is 4. The boy continues to have EOE, or Eosinophilic esophagitis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eosinophilic_esophagitis), and in fact has yet another scope next Wednesday. We recently took oatmeal out of his diet. He ate tons of it everyday and his last scope proved his levels were still too high. Let's pray he passes this test with normal levels, pretty please!

The girl child has been, as she calls it, "I see Black" or "I feel dizzy" for the last year, inconsistantly. First we blamed the heat of summer when she would "black out" and be pale as a a sheet at summer day camp. Then when she had a "moment" and was all clammy & white disembarking a plane, we blamed anxiety of being on vacation. Then we it happened in the doctors office, while having her blood pressure taken, which was 43 over something, we knew it was low blood pressure. Her EKG was fine. She has Vasovagal Syncope,http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vasovagal-syncope/DS00806) ( a condition more commonly found in pre-teens or teenagers. Yes, we will be dealing with this condition of hers till she grows out of it, out of her teen years. Yay, my 7 year old is a teenager already, not funny. She will pass out if she stands too quickly, (she moves about slowly as it is already), sees blood or anything she considers gross, or is overheated. Doctor's cure: add more table salt too all her meals. She has been loving the salt. One night recently after eating dinner she told me she was still feeling dizzy, so i showed her to lick her wrist, add salt and lick again for a quick pick-me-up. Was that bad?

Besides the kids, I myself have had major surgery this past spring. I experienced great weakness in my arms/wrists and lots of achy-ness form my shoulders down. Turning my head form side to side was not negotiable and that made it uncomfortable for me to drive. I saw a new specialty MD about having injections in my neck, to kill the pain. They sent me for an MRI, how I loath small, long, tight spaces. The results were two herniated disks in my neck were pinching my spine. Apparently the surgery to fix this is not performed on anyone my age, they really emphasized this to me while still pressing taht I was not in a position to wait too long to surgically correct the problem. So I had the surgery to remove & replace the two disks and also have my neck re-aligned. Fun stuff.



No comments: