Monday, October 1, 2007

To have a 2nd dog or not...

I have an 11 year old couch potato...i mean, greyhound. I've had her 8 years. For some reason, out of the blue, hubby and I have been looking into getting a 2nd, smaller dog. Maybe 'cause I'm home fulltime, dunno. But we are set on doing small this time. All weekend we were doing deep research into what are good breeds with kids, good with allergies, aka, non-shedding, no yappers, and non known diggers. It really narrows our list.
Boston Terrier
Bichon/yorkie mix
Mini Schnauzer
Schnoodle
Boxer
Italian Greyhound

We actually have a down payment on adopting an adorable Italian Greyhound, we are still sleepign on it.

Any opinions??

2 comments:

Tom said...

What the heck is a Schnoodle? I think you need to link to pictures or something. Personally I vote for that Schnoodle because of the cool name.

You are incredibly insane by the way.

But what happened? I thought Slate wasn't ready to have a roommate. Did that change?

Missa said...

I think slate, with age is really mellowing out. Plus, she never liked other greyhounds, she maybe different with a smaller dog in which she has obvious authority over. We, I want something that will grow with Nic so he can learn to be gentle, i know not guranteed, but worth a shot.
A Schnoolde is a poodle crossed with a schnuazer, awesome family dog I've read.