Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Birthday

It's been a pretty lame day, blah blah blah....
Then my neighbor from across the street shows up with a bottle of white zinfendel, not bad ;)

When did birthday become so blah?

Maybe by being an only child I was spoiled by my mother and grandparents taht always made a huge deal about my birthday, no big parties, but family celebration, favorite dinner, favorite activities and family visiting. Plus I had an uncle that always made a point of celebrating his adult birthdays, I thought it was the norm.
Not anymore. My mother & granmother live in an apartment without transportation, so they call. My in-laws celabrate birthdays by having a cake after dinner on Sundays, so i have to wait till Sunday to getr my all-special-important cookie cake (by speacial request). My hubby is working day and night today, so it's just me and my kids, who have no idea. ideally i wanted to play Zelda on my Wii for the majority, but instead I was doing some house work but my son is really crnaky so not even much of that. Can't really complain, I had to take my minivan in today to be serviced so my Siste-In-Law took me to lunch at Cheesecake Factory, my fav :)

But still in all, what happened to the fun birthdays?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

WE're old now. :)

Happy belated birthday.